1 answer

i am a child of a japanese national and my mom is filipino i used to stay in japan when i was still young,and when im about 3 or 4 years old i went here in the philippines to study and now that im 22 and already did finished my studies i wanted to go back to japan where my parents are right now, i am a japanese passport holder do i need to have a visa to enter back to japan? please help me thank you in advance

Asked by via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

1 Answer

  • 0

    Hi Miyuki,

    To confirm, you have a current & valid Japanese passport? This would mean you are considered a Japanese citizen and would not need a visa. Feel free to double check with your local Japanese embassy, however holding a current & valid passport for a country inherently means you do not need a visa to enter it (as long as you haven't lost your Japanese nationality; see below)

    One thing you might want to be aware of is Japan's policies concerning dual nationals. This article from Japan's Ministry of Justice provides further information; http://www.moj.go.jp/ENGLISH/information/tcon-01.html

    Pearse - World Nomads almost 5 years ago

    Answered by Pearse via Site_iconWorldNomads.com

Answer this question

Map of World